Ray-Tech Infrared utilizes a unique welded-ribbon style converter along with 24 or 115 volt blower motors depending on the model. This combination allows our heating chambers to reach average temperatures of 1875°F which is a 400°F+ difference from our closest competition.
At this temperature, the infrared light rays being produced are absorbed much quicker by the asphalt surface. This means faster heating times, more repairs per day and ultimately more money in your pocket. An average full-depth, even heat with a Ray-Tech heating chamber will take 6-8 minutes. To this day, we have yet to see any other machine that can operate at this speed.
Ray-Tech reclaimers have two main capabilities that we back with our industry unique performance guarantee.
1) They will hold hot asphalt at a working temperature for up to 48 hours with no damage to the material. This allows for travel to the jobsite with no cooling taking place.
2) They will reclaim cold asphalt in 12 to 14 hours. This means you can extend your season by stockpiling new asphalt before the plants close for the year and then reclaim that material to a working temperature as if you picked it up from the plant that day.
Ray-Tech joint heating units come in several sizes and configurations, but regardless of the model, they all provide benefits to paving and repair jobs:
1) They fuse longitudinal joints by matching the temperatures on either side of the seam. This allows for a thermally bonded joint that water and dirt cannot infiltrate, therefore prolonging the life of the asphalt.
2) They increase joint density. Heating the joint while paving makes the previously laid matte pliable again. Once the adjoining matte is laid, compaction will have a greater effect and the density at the joint will increase. This increase will depend on the number of heaters you use, but previous tests have reached 95 to 100% density at the joint.
3) They can be used for virtually any size paving or touch-up job. They were designed with pavers in mind, but they can also be useful for bonding existing seams in parking lots or airports. On top of that, they can be used to fix linear cracks on any asphalt surface,
Ray-Tech has never compromised on the quality of the equipment we produce. These machines are going to be used in tough environments by all kinds of different crews. Because of that, we’ve designed them to hold up to anything that is thrown at them.
We use carbon and stainless steel everywhere we can and we source the most durable components we can find for the rest of the machine. Our heating chambers consist entirely of stainless steel and high heat tolerant material. Our reclaimer burners are faced with a rugged metal mesh to prevent breaking during use.
We don’t use ceramic blankets or cheap steel that could break and put you out of commission during a job. You should be focusing on repairing the asphalt, not your machine!
The average infrared repair will take about 20 minutes from the start of heating to the final compaction. Click below to see our step-by-step guide and learn how easy infrared can be!
Common Infrared Applications
- Utility Cuts
- Street Imprinting
- Manhole Covers
- Expansion Joints
- Frost Heaves
- Parking Lots
- Road Shoulders
- Drain Gutters
- Catch Basins
- Reshaping Water Flow
- Tennis Courts
- Railroad Crossings
- Cobblestone Restoration
- Drying Asphalt for Stripers
- Thermoplastic Striping
- Drying after Wet Grinding
- Many More Uses!