The practice of heating asphalt for repair purposes was first used around 1923, but at the time it was not technically infrared. Infrared heating technology of asphalt began in 1964 with Poweray Infrared Corp. Wes Van Velsor, a former owner of Poweray, founded Ray-Tech Infrared Corp. in 1989. He used his years of experience with Poweray to design several new machine models to fit specific needs on the worksite.
Wes then started and ran a repair company, Environmental Enterprises, that utilized various Ray-Tech machines to perform repair jobs all over New England. Over the years Wes applied what he learned from the operation of these machines in order to improve upon some of the equipment designs to make them more user-friendly and efficient. He also designed and manufactured brand new models of equipment based on the original technology to grow the product line.
Today we manufacture over 40 models of high quality infrared machines. They include walk behind heaters, trailer mounted heaters, trailer mounted reclaimers and truck mounted reclaimers, heaters and combination machines. Wes is still Ray-Tech’s Owner and President with his grandson, Wesley, now leading the company and its operations. With all the changes and improvements that we have made over the years, one goal has remained the same:
Keep the equipment simple and easy to operate while at the same time allowing the user to carry out permanent, high quality repairs.
- Easy to operate (we keep the user in mind during design and production)
- Fastest and most even heats (6-8 minute average)
- High quality equipment build and parts
- Complete and even reclaiming (tested as low as -30°F)
- Factory direct or dealer sales nationwide
- Factory technician troubleshooting available (1-800-884-2072)
- Leasing Options Available
- Green Technology – Equipment runs on clean burning propane fuel
- Industry unique Performance Guarantee:
- Pavement Heater: The asphalt pavement will attain a 220°F minimum temperature at 2″ depth, with 400°F maximum temperature at the surface, within 6 to 8 minutes of heating time, at a 50°F ambient day and standard asphalt mix design.
- Asphalt Reclaimer: The asphalt will attain a 270°F minimum average mix temperature after twelve (12) hours of heating time, at a 50°F ambient temperature day, using broken asphalt of standard mix design.
If you are not attaining these type of results from the Infrared
Equipment you are presently using, we want to talk to you today!